How To Protect Unstable Knees
In this video I answer a Youtube question on how to protect knees that are unstable or “hypermobile.”
I discuss the following topics:
1. What is a hypermobile knee?
2. Why do some people get instability in the knees?
3. How does a hypermobile knee function as compared to a stable knee?
4. Anatomy and structure in the knee.
5. How to protect the knee.
6. Why muscle symmetry is important
7. What areas and strengthening strategies to focus on.
8. The importance of hip mobility and muscle flexibility.
9. Importance of working on “proprioceptive feedback” and balance.
10. Progressing to normal function.
***This video entails a general guideline which can be helpful to most people who deal with knee pain or even knee injuries overall.
If you are in the Louisville area and interested in working with me for your recovery or injury-prevention needs then head over to https://mbodilouisville.com or send me a message!
More videos and exercise tips at https://jiujitsutherapist.com
Check me out on The Chewjitsu Podcast with my co-host, BJJ Black Belt Nick “Chewy” Albin of www.chewjitsu.net for some great jiu-jitsu conversation and interviews! http://chewjitsu.libsyn.com
Support the podcast and visit our podcast sponsor “Charlotte’s Web” at www.charlottesweb.com and use the promo code chewjitsu10 to get 10% off of your total CBD and product purchase!
Check out the knee braces I recommend for BJJ https://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=https%3A%2F%2Fshareasale.com%2Fr.cfm%3Fb%3D706061%26u%3D1416655%26m%3D58066%26urllink%3D%26afftrack%3D&redir_token=8Lgzsd08IwdEhtgt_HQqjdYACLR8MTU0MjMyNTY2N0AxNTQyMjM5MjY3&v=uDTBbV-9vIc&event=video_description