Elliott Bayev and I lay out the the curriculum requirements to be a competent blue belt in jiu-jitsu, including…
– The 8 basic positions in jiu-jitsu
– A 3 part strategy for beating a bigger person
– The real purpose of the guard
– The 2 types of submissions
– The hierarchy of positions
– How to stay safe in bad positions…and what to do next.
– The importance of getting high up on your opponent’s body
– How do throws and takedowns fit into training
– Competition vs self defense tactics
– How many techniques do you actually need
– Why sparring against real resistance makes jiu-jitsu special
– When to begin sparring in your progression
– How long does it take to make bluebelt
– And more!
Elliott Bayev is a BJJ black belt who runs Openmat in Toronto, Ontario https://www.openmat.ca and also the BJJ101 learning site https://www.bjj101.tv
Grab my Roadmap for BJJ for free – it’s a breakdown of the basic positions and strategies in jiu-jitsu https://www.grapplearts.com/book
Check out Elliott’s Spider Guard Masterclass https://www.grapplearts.com/spider
And/or his Self Defense Guard https://www.grapplearts.com/sdguard
And/or his 30 Second Fight Finishes instructional https://www.grapplearts.com/finishes
I’ve personally worked with him on all 3 of these products and I can say without hesitation that they are incredibly detailed and directly applicable to your training.
Join our Private Facebook Group